2020 - 2021 Programme
At the end of the programme students will:
I. Be conversant with the discipline’s core teachings and methods.
• Students will acquire a command of the fundamentals of sociology and anthropology, and their epistemological grounding, with a view to answering the key research questions addressed by the discipline. Proceeding in a step-by-step manner, students will acquire:
All sociology and anthropology course units in BAS 1, 2 and 3.
II. Possess a grounding in fields that are complementary to sociology and anthropology.
• Students will learn exploit, within an interdisciplinary approach, knowledge and know-how from diverse fields of the social sciences for the analysis of contemporary or historically situated societal phenomena. In particular, students will acquire:
CU in philosophy, economics, law, history, political science, psychology, information-communication, beginning with BAS 1.
III. Know how to use of the scientific method
Students will :
• Acquire a command of and undertake academic work in accordance with the academic standards and ethical principles of sociology and anthropology.
• Learn to gather and analyse with discernement quantitative and qualitative empirical information.
Proceeding in a step-by-step manner, students will also learn to:
In addition, students will learn:
• To carry out an analysis either independently or jointly with peers.
• Critical thinking skills and independent judgement.
• To communicate in a structured, relevant and reasoned manner, using the concepts and methods of the discipline.
In particular, students will acquire:
All CU on methodology in BAS 2 and BAS 3.
IV. Have a command of oral and written communication.
Students will learn to use language skills in at least one foreign language.
The goals for all students are to:
All CU in Dutch or English in BAS 1, 2 and 3.
ERASMUS exchanges in BAS 3.
For students following single-language programmes the goal is to:
Core courses in Dutch or English in BAS 3.
For students following multilingual programmes the goals are to:
All CU in foreign languages in the multilingual programmes.